Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inGalleryArcade

The Religion Debate !?

Go down 
+5
Motso
|Fs|MajorM
Rat_Race
Ehrendil
slaygirl
9 posters
AuthorMessage
slaygirl
GEN
GEN
slaygirl

Female Number of posts : 1544
Registration date : 2008-05-07

The Religion Debate !? Empty
PostSubject: The Religion Debate !?   The Religion Debate !? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 5:14 pm

I find religion a fascinating subject. Myself and Sly have sat up many nights discussing this topic many times as we both have completly different views. I love a good debate and I am always keen to hear other peoples views about things so if you are muslim, aethiast, catholic, christian, pagan, or whatever lets hear your views on the "God" debate Razz

Personally I believe in many Gods and Goddesses. I believe in evolution and Charles Darwins theory also but I believe the gods helped us to be who and what we are today. I believe the future is mapped out for us already and when we die we watch over our loved ones until we are ready to move onto our next body (re-incarnation), but we are eternal. I dont believe in heaven and hell as descibed in the bible, I believe only that Earth in certain places for certain people it can be described as both heaven and hell.

Whats your beliefs ?
Back to top Go down
https://swtclan.forumotion.net
Ehrendil

Male Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: The Religion Debate !?   The Religion Debate !? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 7:23 pm

i believe in trust!! i wont say tht i dont believe in god totally!!... but still in this world i didnt see many things which i should.., according to my experience.., i think trust is life..., which it means god.., so i believe tht trust is god Wink and its the only one way to relax from lies and enemies according to humans..
Wink

but however may be i'm wrong Sad
Back to top Go down
http://clanfs.com
Rat_Race
SWT MEMBER
SWT MEMBER
Rat_Race

Male Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: The Religion Debate !?   The Religion Debate !? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 9:06 pm

i believe in love,in earth,i believe in what ever i see and feel.
i dont believe in any kind of god and its kinda sad what im saying but i believe that when we die, we die and thats all.
i really dont know what else to say.i had so many convertations with other ppl about this,nights and days but i always think the same.
if there is/are god/gods then he would help us(and im not saying about me)but i didnt see anything.
so i think that if something is up there then this is our punishment for something i dont know , or there is nothing.
Back to top Go down
|Fs|MajorM
SWT MEMBER
SWT MEMBER

Female Number of posts : 1496
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: The Religion Debate !?   The Religion Debate !? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 12:27 am

i belive in god, i prey to him, to help me (and somebody else) with some problems past and present
Back to top Go down
http://fsclan.darkbb.com/portal.htm
Motso
SWT MEMBER
SWT MEMBER
Motso

Female Number of posts : 493
Registration date : 2008-05-12

PostSubject: Re: The Religion Debate !?   The Religion Debate !? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 7:01 am

well in greece the national religion is Cristianity

but i dont believe in god any kind of it

i believe in Darwin's evolution and when we die we die end of story

i think religion was made by wisdom guys that wanted to put just some order in the chaos ( like: god says dont kill cuz he will punish u)
and to give hope to ppl that there is something more after the death so dont be afraid of it but thats all

in my whole life i didnt see anything that shows me there is a god, anything

and dont reply but u are alive lol (life is god)

life is just a random incident that happened between millions of sperms and ovaries nothing more

and as rat said it may sound sad but thats what i believe

ps. and it would be easier for me to believe in the 12 ancient Olympus's Gods cuz they believed in fire, sun, earth, home, storms etc, not things like u will be punished for sthg, or heaven and hell or anything not logic, they believed in practical things, things they could see, smell, touch, not in sthg undefined and beyond logic!!
Back to top Go down
slaygirl
GEN
GEN
slaygirl

PostSubject: Re: The Religion Debate !?   The Religion Debate !? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 9:46 am

I respect your views ratty and vasi and I know you both are more scientific than anything else but I cant think the same way as you. I was brought up living in a pub and I swear there was something paranormal in that pub. I believe 100% in spirits so if we just die when we die then what are these spirits ?

Another thing, last year me and my mum went to see a clairvoyant (medium) for those of you who dont know what this is, its basically a person with a special gift of being able to contact the dead. Anyway we went to see her and she said my dead Grandmother was talking about someone who has a birthday in January. The only person whos birthday was in January was my Dad whos name was Mike but for personal reasons we pretended we did not know who she could mean, and then she said "Its Michael" and my Grandmother was the only person who called him Michael. A few months later my dad died. How could this medium know all this if she was not in contact with my dead Grandmother ? She was so accurate on many things.

Everything is so perfect how can it just be a coincidence ?
Back to top Go down
Ehrendil

PostSubject: Re: The Religion Debate !?   The Religion Debate !? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 10:50 am

Its just our view sarah!! they way we watch things!! i wont say tht its not true but.., sometimes it happens and according to our eyes which we see we believe in that way., but its hard to differentiate between coincidence and perfectness
Back to top Go down
slaygirl
GEN
GEN
slaygirl

PostSubject: Re: The Religion Debate !?   The Religion Debate !? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 11:01 am

I know Dashy Smile and I really do like hearing about different opinions and views. I just cant agree cause everything seems so perfect as if it has been designed.
Back to top Go down
Ehrendil

PostSubject: Re: The Religion Debate !?   The Religion Debate !? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 11:41 am

lol u scared me with that fast reply :lightning: well that's what i say... i mean many cant agree is another thing..... the thing is that it just happens and we don't know ..in fact in what way it happened.. we are just confused in that stage ..,between coincidence and the fact that some one said thats why it happened!! study
Back to top Go down
scottishcalum
SWT MEMBER
SWT MEMBER
scottishcalum

Male Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: The Religion Debate !?   The Religion Debate !? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 7:00 pm

i dont believe in god either, the whole death being just another path i think is peoples way of dealing with something hard. but like sarah i find it hard to beleve that theres nothing more than science to life, but im not sure what that is.
Back to top Go down
|FS|AgenT

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: The Religion Debate !?   The Religion Debate !? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 8:04 pm

i believe that religion is man made but i do belive in god Smile i know you might think im the most noobest guy on earth but thats my opinion ..... coz some of the rules in religion dont really make sense as i dont think that god would ever make those rules..... well thats my opinions Smile
Back to top Go down
Rat_Race
SWT MEMBER
SWT MEMBER
Rat_Race

Male Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: The Religion Debate !?   The Religion Debate !? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 9:56 am

agent noone saying that you are the bigest noob cuz you believe in god.
i respect everyones opnion about religion,politics and everything.
Back to top Go down
«Neutral»
SWT MEMBER
SWT MEMBER
«Neutral»

Male Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: The Religion Debate !?   The Religion Debate !? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 11:13 am

I am Cristian. But i do go in church i do everthin they order Holly thursday and Holly Friday i go to ceremonies and celebrate Easter with god's will. Most ppl here in East Europe are Cristian or Orthodox but it comes from Catholic. But i'm not still sure do i really believe in god so I'm finding it everday lol. This is just confusing!
Back to top Go down
http://marrihuanna.blog.hr/
slaygirl
GEN
GEN
slaygirl

PostSubject: Re: The Religion Debate !?   The Religion Debate !? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 1:12 am

Well Neutral, your probably the same as me, your brought up as a child to be Chritian so you automatically take these views, but as you get older you start to question more of what you are told and really what you believe and not what people have told you to believe. I think I first started questioning my faith after reading a novel by Dan Brown called the Da Vinci Code. Its not fact or anything, just a story but it got me thinking about my faith so I started reading the Bible and looking more at other religions and I decided my religious beliefs were unique to me but if I had to subscribe to one religion I found that I was more Pagan.
I would really suggest to read some books about diferent religions and "find yourself".
Back to top Go down
«Neutral»
SWT MEMBER
SWT MEMBER
«Neutral»

Male Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: The Religion Debate !?   The Religion Debate !? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 2:11 am

Do Pagans believe in more then just 1 god?
Back to top Go down
http://marrihuanna.blog.hr/
|Fs|MajorM
SWT MEMBER
SWT MEMBER

PostSubject: Re: The Religion Debate !?   The Religion Debate !? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 3:38 am

scratch ill look that up
Back to top Go down
slaygirl
GEN
GEN
slaygirl

PostSubject: Re: The Religion Debate !?   The Religion Debate !? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 10:23 pm

Well there is no set rules of what Pagans believe. Paganism is a religion that encompasses different beliefs. There are some Pagans that practise white whitchcraft which are called Wiccans and although I believe strongly in whitchcraft I dont practise it myself.

But yes most Pagans generally believe that everything and everyone is equal, man and woman is equal and we worship the earth and the moon and the sun and many gods and goddesses.

I will quote a few facts from a website I found:

Paganism describes a group of contemporary religions based on a reverence for nature. These faiths draw on the traditional religions of indigenous peoples throughout the world.

Paganism encompasses a diverse community.
Wiccans, Druids, Shamans, Sacred Ecologists, Odinists and Heathens all make up parts of the Pagan community.

Some groups concentrate on specific traditions or practices such as ecology, witchcraft, Celtic traditions or certain gods.

Most Pagans share an ecological vision that comes from the Pagan belief in the organic vitality and spirituality of the natural world.

Due to persecution and misrepresentation it is necessary to define what Pagans are not as well as what they are. Pagans are not sexual deviants, do not worship the devil, are not evil, do not practice 'black magic' and their practices do not involve harming people or animals.
Back to top Go down
|Fs|MajorM
SWT MEMBER
SWT MEMBER

PostSubject: Re: The Religion Debate !?   The Religion Debate !? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 10:29 pm

thnx sarah saves me trouble of looking it up Razz
Back to top Go down
slaygirl
GEN
GEN
slaygirl

PostSubject: Re: The Religion Debate !?   The Religion Debate !? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 10:49 pm

Btw this will give you something to think about Razz

There is an ancient Egyptian religious book called "The Book of The Dead" which is thousands of years old and written long before the bible.

In this book it tells us of an Egyptian God named Horus

Horus was born of the virgin Isis-Meri on December 25th in a cave/manger with his birth being announced by a star in the East and attended by three wise men (similar to Jesus).

His earthly father was named "Seb" which can also translate to Joseph (same as Jesus).

He was of royal descent. (as was Jesus).

He had 12 disciples (as did Jesus).

He performed miracles, exorcised demons and raised El-Azarus, from the dead (as did Jesus who also raised Lazurus from the dead).

Horus walked on water (as did Jesus).

He was crucified between two thieves, buried for three days in a tomb, and resurrected (as was Jesus).

He was also referred to as "Way, the Truth", "the Light," "Messiah," "God’s Anointed Son," the "Son of Man," the "Good Shepherd," the "Lamb of God" (all of which are commonly used to refer to Jesus).

This Egyptian Book of the Dead was written long before the Bible was written so if you are Christian maybe this will give you something to think about Very Happy
Back to top Go down
|Fs|MajorM
SWT MEMBER
SWT MEMBER

PostSubject: Re: The Religion Debate !?   The Religion Debate !? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 11:04 pm

wow.... yes it does give me something to think about
Back to top Go down
{SWT}Blazico
SWT MEMBER
SWT MEMBER
{SWT}Blazico

Male Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: The Religion Debate !?   The Religion Debate !? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 11:13 am

I'm catholic and i believe only on 1 god!!

But what u have just said Sarah, confused me a lot, so i'll try to read that book and thanks for mention the book so i'll be more orientaded!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
slaygirl
GEN
GEN
slaygirl

PostSubject: Re: The Religion Debate !?   The Religion Debate !? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 2:53 pm

I think The Egyptian Book of the Dead is a very complicated book to read but try google it and wikipedia it Smile and Google Horus also.

I watched a really good documentry on religion which is where I first learned about the similarities between Horus and Jesus. You might find it intresting. I cant find a link to a site to watch the whole thing online at the moment but when I do I will post it here for you.
Heres a preview: